Thank you for making the SLO Marathon + Half your Spring destination! We have four incredible races to choose from—Marathon, Half Marathon, Family 5K and Children's Races—along with a finish line party highlighting the best of the Central Coast to celebrate each and every one of you.
We're also proud to provide great on-course support and safety for everyone's enjoyment and wellbeing. You will enjoy—Aid Stations every 2 miles that include water, sports drink, race fuel foods and medical supplies; on-call medical care; clean sanitary stations at Start, On-course and at Finish Line; Police, Sheriff, Highway Patrol and Course Marshals; 800 enthusiastic volunteers cheering your every step!
The SLO Marathon’s 5K Run / Walk is a two loop course that starts near the Marathon + Half Marathon Finish Line arch at the Madonna Inn. 5K participants will be on the paved bike path and on roadway within the Madonna Inn property. There will be one aid station with water and sports drinks on the course. This spectator friendly finish line is at the base of the majestic Cerro San Luis Morro and the iconic Madonna Inn. Celebrate your victory at the SLO Life Expo within walking distance of your finish line.
The 5K race starts at 8:15 a.m. Walkers, joggers and strollers are welcome but must line up at the back of the race and stay to the right on the course to allow competitive runners clearance.
PARTICIPANT SWAG & BENEFITS
With registration, 5K participants receive & additional notes:
- 5K Race begins 8:15 a.m.(walkers, joggers and strollers welcome)
- A SHORT sleeve Unisex Tech Shirt.
- Culligan AID Statio & FLUID Finish line drink
- Chip timing
- Awards for top male, female and youth 17 and under boy and girl
- Age Group Awards
- Walkers and Strollers/Joggers Welcome (Parents must sign waiver for their Children in strollers or joggers.)
- Hundreds of enthusiastic volunteers cheering your every step
- Spectator friendly course
- Minimum age for unattended participant in the 5K is 7 years