San Luis Obispo (San Louis O-bis-po) is located on the central coast of California and the half-way point in either direction from San Francisco and Los Angeles off Highway 101. The area is consistently named a Top 10 place to live and the "Happiest Place in North America" for several attributes – our open spaces, plentiful bike paths, outdoor activities, Farmer’s Markets, wineries, friendly people, fabulous restaurants and great attractions. Well, we have to agree! San Luis Obispo, or SLO as the locals call it, is consistently featured in national media like USA Today, The New York Times, Sunset Magazine and The Today Show to name a few. It’s pure paradise.
There is no better place to run a Marathon or Half Marathon. World-class athletes live and train here. Come for the challenge, competition and camaraderie and stay to experience The SLO Life. We have:
- More than 200 wineries to explore
- Hearst Castle
- The Elephant Seals at San Simeon State Beach
- Miles and miles of hiking trails
- Gourmet Restaurants that use locally grown products (a Foodie’s Dream)
- Surfing, Stand-up Paddling and Kayaking
- Quaint, turn-of-the-century downtown area with modern shopping
- Bike-friendly lanes
- Hotels, B&B’s and Inns within minutes of the race and attractions
- And so much more...
Places to stay
Our hoteliers are so excited about the Marathon and The SLO Life Expo, they sponsored this event, again! And, they have the accommodations, specials and hospitality to meet your every need. Many are conveniently located near the Start and Finish Line.