Pace groups are available for Marathon and Half Marathon registrants. Pace Group Leaders are all volunteers who are highly experienced runners from all over the state. Many of them are extremely familiar with the course and have paced the SLO marathon and half marathon in previous years.
The pace groups will be separated by 15-minute finish goals. The leaders will do their best to stay on target. However, if finshing in an exact time is critical to you then we suggest you manage your own pace and race solo. Each Pace Group will be lead by two Leaders. These volunteer leaders will then be holding up signs at the race start with their goal time on it, near the same time corrals and will meet you there.
If you are interested in pacing for the marathon or half marathon, please contact Nicole Hagobian at firstname.lastname@example.org. Priority will be given to returning pacers. In your email you must include the following:
- 1. Three pace groups (Specify full or half) that you are capable of and willing to pace
- 2. Your half and full PR's within the last 2 years
- 3. Your pacing experience within the last 2 years
- 4. Your unisex t-shirt size
- 5. Your cell phone number